Movie Review- Hocus Pocus 2

What happens when three teenage girls accidentally bring back the Sanderson Sisters to modern-day Salem? They have to figure out how to stop the child-hungry witches from wreaking havoc on the world. Hocus Pocus 2 came out on Disney+ last week as one of the most anticipated sequels this Fall. Starring all of the original actors from the 1993 cult classic film, this supernatural comedy is entertaining. Personally, I liked the movie. It was a great movie to watch with my younger family members, and I liked how the sisters chose their family over their powers in the end. As I mentioned,  I watched this movie with my sisters and my nieces and they enjoyed watching it as well. They did cry a little at the end, and so did I, but I’m an emotional person. Overall, it was a good movie, and I could watch it all again, and recommend it to others.

Rating: PG, for action, macabre/suggestive humor, and some language
Running time: 1 hour, 43 minutes
Playing: Streaming on Disney+

Here are some other student’s opinions on the movie:

Nicolas Macias, freshman
What Do You Think About The New Hocus Pocus 2? “I personally thought it was okay, they could have done better, I like the first one better.”
Nellita Montijo, junior
What Do You Think About The New Hocus Pocus 2? “I personally thought it was really good, I see it the same, I like how at the end instead of the witch keeping the powers she would rather be with her sisters. I was able to relate to the last part because I would choose my sister over anything.”
Khloe Gutierrez, freshman
What Do You Think About The New Hocus Pocus 2? “I personally didn’t like it, I feel that they could’ve done so much better, I like the first one. and then the witches on the hoverboard was not fascinating.”

Beatriz Herrera, senior                                    What Do You Think About The New Hocus Pocus 2? “I personally liked it better than the first one, it was really good, the ending was sad it had my whole family crying.”

Kevin Dominguez, sophomore      What Do You Think About The New Hocus Pocus 2? “I like the movie, it is a fun movie to watch with your family, there’s no hate for  the first one, but I think I like this one better.”