Here They Are the 2022 Homecoming Candidates

Senior Jaret Garcia is part of our 2022 Homecoming Court, he was nominated by The Orange & Green News. Jaret has been involved in Track, Golf, CSF (California Scholarship Federation), FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes), and Football all for years, and Wrestling Freshman and sophomore year. Some of his favorite hobbies include listening to music and planting. His favorite High School Memory was scoring two touchdowns against Monache High School and beating them.
Sienna Williams was nominated by the Girls’ Golf Team. She plays Golf and is also a  Majorette for the Band.  She is the Captain of the Majorette Team. Sienna is also in AVID. Her favorite High School memory is her first Baton performance. Her campaign slogan is “Born To Be A Queen”.
Freddy Nunez was nominated by the Football team. He is involved in football, wrestling, and track his best memory in high school would have to be the rallies. His campaign slogan, “You can be unathletic but still be a great kid”                                                           – K. Thompson
Alyssa Ibarra, senior, was nominated by the Volleyball Team. She is involved in cheer, volleyball, and auxiliary. Going to the rallies is her best high school memory. Her campaign slogan- is “Alyssa for Queen”.

Senior Mary Catherine Strizic is on of a few top candidates for our 2022 homecoming court. Mary Catherine was nominated by the varsity water polo team here at PHS. Mary is on our varsity water polo and swim team, she has been swimming for a long period of time. Some of Mary’s favorite hobbies are to play with her dogs at home, swim, and spend time with her family. Mary has so many amazing memories here at Porterville High but her number one favorite memory is the girls swim team winning EYL. With Mary running for queen her campaign slogan is “Vote 4 Mary”.
Senior, Jake Kroutil, is one of our Homecoming candidates. Jake was nominated by the water polo team. Jake is involved in four different sports, water polo, basketball, swimming, and golf. He is also a member of CSF, FCA, ASB, and Student Council for his Senior class. Jake has many hobbies but what he enjoys most is hanging out with his friends afterschool, playing with Legos, and playing videos. Jake’s favorite memory here at Porterville High School was winning the Valley Championship with the swim team during his sophomore year of high school. As Jake runs for king he uses his older brothers slogan “Kroutil 4 King”
Senior, Brenna Galloway, is one of the Homecoming candidates that was nominated by FFA. Brenna is involved in FFA, band, FCA, LINK, golf, and softball. She enjoys playing golf and public speaking for FFA. Her favorite memories from her high school career are rivalry week from her junior year and just participating in school spirit days.
Senior, Dominic Welsh, is one of the homecoming candidates nominated by cross country. Dominic has been involved in cross country, track, and wrestling since his freshman year. His favorite memories throughout high school have been made leaving school to attend his sporting events. “Dom 4 King” is his slogan as he runs for the royal court.