The Student News Site of Porterville High School

The Orange & Green

The Orange & Green

The Orange & Green

PAHS Graduation

PAHS+Graduation

On April 19th, 2024, the Porterville Academy of Health Sciences had its annual end-of-the-year graduation for its senior students. This graduation was an event to honor the students’ dedication and hard work throughout their four years in this pathway. Throughout this ceremony, selected students were chosen to receive recognition awards under different categories. The categories were Outstanding PAHS Students, Outstanding CTE Students, and PAHS Spirit of the Panther. The students who earned these awards were interviewed and asked about their PAHS experiences!

Outstanding PAHS Students:

What impact has the health academy had on your education and career goals?    ‘The Health Academy has helped me realize I want to pursue medicine; it has provided the resources for me to get closer to where I want to be. I have also met amazing teachers who bring and teach us their personal insights from being in the medical field themselves.”    What is your favorite memory in the health academy?    My favorite memories were the internships and community service events I participated in, such as my ambulance internship and helping kids.”                                           What are your plans after graduation?    “After graduation I plan to attend PC for my first two years then transfer to UC Irvine or UCLA.”                                               Emily Moreno
What impact has the health academy had on your education and career goals?              “The impact it has had is very transformative, it helped me understand healthcare in a new perspective.”                                                                    What is your favorite memory in the health academy?                                                        “I have a couple favorite memory being in the academy, such as the field trips, specifically the UCLA trip, and the internships I was a part of at  Sierra View Hospital and Imperial Ambulance.”      What are your plans after graduation?        “I plan to attend UC Irvine and major in Biology, then after for my undergraduate I hope to apply to medical school.”                                                                                           Gloribel Mendoza

Outstanding CTE Students:

What impact has the health academy had on your education and career goals?     PAHS taught me valuable life skills, such as CPR and measuring blood pressure. Even if I don’t end up going into the medical field, I can use these skills regardless.What is your favorite memory in the health academy? “My favorite memory was CPR training, it was exciting learning this skill and having to practice on a dummy.”             What are your plans after graduation?   “I plan to attend college and see what happens from there, but I hope to transfer to a university in the future.”                                                   Stephanie Gaytan 
What impact has the health academy had on your education and career goals?    It has had a significant impact; it has allowed me to get my job as a lifeguard by assisting me in CPR training. It taught me how to save people.” What is your favorite memory in the health academy? My favorite memory was Mr. Johnson’s Earth & Space class in my sophomore year.”            What are your plans after graduation?   “My plan is to attend the University of Montevallo, in Alabama.”                                          Chase Fisher

PAHS Spirit of the Panther:

What impact has the health academy had on your education and career goals?    “It has impacted me in a big way, it has inspired me to go into the medical field.” What is your favorite memory in the health academy? “My favorite memories were had in Mrs. Patrick’s class sophomore year”   What are your plans after graduation?   “I plan to attend Fresno State.”                                                Alexis Duran
What impact has the health academy had on your education and career goals?    “It has given me the opportunity to meet new people.” What is your favorite memory in the health academy? “My favorite memory was Mr. Johnson’s class sophomore year. ”   What are your plans after graduation?   “I plan to attend Fresno Pacific and pursue my major in Biology.”                                                                          Alesandro Escarzaga