The Student News Site of Porterville High School

The Orange & Green

The Orange & Green

The Orange & Green

PAHS Teacher Spotlight: The Amazing Ms. Echeveste

Ms. Echeveste was previously a nurse before she became a teacher. When asked about why she switched careers, she mentioned this saying: “The old eat their young” which is an expression that suggests the idea that older generations neglect younger generations. In the medical field, this is an issue that many new nurses face. It is like a cycle. Ms. Echeveste became a teacher to “Tackle the root of the problem in the medical field” so that she can help teach young students more empathy, teamwork, compassion, and care so that they will succeed in the future.

Ms. Echeveste was a part of the pathway when she was in high school. At first, she did not want to pursue a career in the medical field; her parents pushed her toward her career, with her dad signing her up for the pathway program. However, after experiencing the pathway and undertaking many hands-on activities, Ms. Echeveste fell in love with nursing.

Ms. Echeveste loves being the pathway lead because she is passionate about being a nurse, and the pathway was the root of this passion. In other words, Ms. Echeveste wants to inspire others to develop a love for the medical field like she did when she was in the pathway. She also loves to advocate for others and to provide experiences for students. Ms. Echeveste is honored to be the pathway lead. When asked what she loves about the pathway, she said, “All of the options. The internships, curriculums, education, and the advanced knowledge it provides.”

Ms. Echeveste’s message to students is: “Never give up, keep going. Always strive to be a better person. There’s always room for improvement because you are going to take care of someone’s loved one. You must care for them the way you would want your loved one to be cared for.”

Ms. E inspires us all in PAHS. Notably, she was recently awarded the TCOE Outstanding CTE Educator of the Year! Please join us all in congratulating Ms. E. She’s the best!