The Student News Site of Porterville High School

The Orange & Green

The Orange & Green

The Orange & Green

Adopt-A-Star at PHS

Adopt-A-Star season is upon us, and PHS is giving back to local elementary students by gifting them gifts for the season of giving. We asked the president of ASB a few questions about this special service project.

How many stars are being sponsored this year?

“There are 500 stars this year. Each star represents an elementary student, so when this service project is completed, we will literally have helped 500 kids from our community.”

Do you have to buy everything on the list?

“No, everything listed is not mandatory to buy. As long as you buy something, it’s all that matters. Ideally, it would be nice to buy one or two things from the list on the back of the star.”

When did Adopt-A-Star start at PHS?

“It started at PHS over 15 years ago. It is our oldest service project tradition as a school.”

If you’re interested in adopting a star, the following classrooms are Adopt-A-Star locations:

Elling: N-1, Odsather: H-203, Revheim/Hill: S-3, Padilla: H-204, Morales: M-6, Bravo: T-4, Treganza: T-1.

Reminder that all presents should be unwrapped and unopened, no food items. All gifts should be returned unwrapped by December 7th to room S-3.