The Student News Site of Porterville High School

The Orange & Green

The Orange & Green

The Orange & Green

Looking to join a club? Here are our PHS Clubs!

On Wednesday, September 13, many clubs were in front of the H building courtyard for the annual Club Fair. The following clubs were present and had some messages for the students who weren’t able to be present:

Clubs on Mondays: 

SPARE: “We meet every Monday during lunch in Ms. Avina’s class (N-8) to promote awareness of the well-being of the environment.”

Chess Club: “Come and join us to have a good time. We meet in the LMC during lunch on Mondays and Tuesdays.”

Clubs on Tuesdays:

FCA: “We meet every Tuesday at lunch. Our meetings are to make new friendships and fellowships.”

PULSE: “Meetings every first and last Tuesday in H-204.”

Clubs on Wednesdays: 

Interact Club: “We are a Club that helps students get community service hours, by helping out the community at the same time. We meet in the LMC every Wednesday.”

Clubs on Thursdays: 

Gaming Club: “Always welcome to come in during lunch every Thursday in Mr. Johnson’s class (H-101) and join us in games.”

HOSA Club: “We are a club focused on Health Careers. We meet in Ms. Echeveste’s room (H-106) every second Thursday of the month.”

Clubs on Fridays: 

MEChA: “We play games and help volunteer where needed, such as football games; we also occasionally go on field trips and have potlucks. Our meetings are on Fridays in room L-7.”

Z Club: “Our Club helps the students get community service, for example, making events for the women’s shelter and spreading awareness around public service projects; we meet every other Friday in room H-204.”

Other Clubs

Hype Club: “We encourage all students to go to games and show school spirit. We have our meetings in the ASB room (S-2) and the days of the meetings will always be posted to remind the students.”

Safe Club: “We are a mental health awareness club. Our meetings are every two weeks; we meet in M-2.”

Make sure to get involved, Panthers!

There’s something for everyone!

Meet new friends and make your time at PHS even better.