The Student News Site of Porterville High School

The Orange & Green

The Orange & Green

The Orange & Green

Lana Del Rey Fans: Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd Album Review

Lana Del Rey Fans: Did You Know That Theres a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd Album Review

Since the albums Honeymoon, Born to Die and NFR by Lana Del Rey were released in 2019, she has been working hard on beautiful new songs and albums. Lana Del Rey’s recently released studio album has finally gained it’s deserved popularity and recognition. Lana released Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd on March 24, 2023. This album is definitely one of her best out yet. Each song on this album is written so well and sung so perfectly.

The track-list concludes of 16 songs:

“Candy Necklace (Ft. Jon Batiste)”

“Kintsugi”

“Fingertips”

“Paris, Texas”

“Margaret”

“The Grants”

“Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd”

“Sweet”

“A&W”

“Judah Smith Interlude”

“Let the Light In”

“Fishtail”

“Peppers”

“Taco Truck x VB”

Some of her current popular hits are “Margaret,” and ‘”Let the light in.” Now thanks to Tiktok, the album is getting its deserved popularity.

In an interview, Lana opened up about the truth behind her idea on the album. Lana stated that the song “Fingertips” was written about her family and the history of her family since day one. Written in her living room, Lana had used this song to open up more comfortably about her family. Since then, the album has sold over 200,000 vinyl copies and over 70 million streams on Spotify and Apple Music since it’s release. Though prior to this year, she had released 2 other albums in 2021: Blue Banisters and Chemtrails Over the Country Club, two of which do not top Did You Know That There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd because of the way it was done with Lana being herself. In another review of the album on Independent, they expressed that, “Her previous record, she said, was a defensive work written in response to criticisms, including glamorizing domestic abuse.”

As being said, there is a lot of controversy saying that she uses her music to express how she feels. Some people interpret the wrong idea of saying that she romanticizes mental illnesses and other things, but they’re wrong. Lana emphasizes herself through songs like “Ride” and other songs.

To conclude, I am a Lana fan myself and recommend some songs like “Blue Jeans,” “Ride,” “Lust for Life,” “NFR,” “Cinnamon Girl,” and “Sad Girl.”