The Student News Site of Porterville High School

The Orange & Green

The Orange & Green

The Orange & Green

Campus Supervisors and SOSAs

We asked some of our favorite people around campus: What do you like best about being a campus supervisor or a SOSA?

Our campus supervisors keep us safe and our SOSAs take care of us when our teachers are out. We asked them what they like best about their jobs. Here’s what they said:

Verdusco                                                           “I get to have a different perspective to conversations and interactions with students that most teachers don’t privilege to, this makes my job interesting and fun”
Martinez                                                      “The best part about being a SOSA is being able to work around great staff and students and being able to create bonds with everyone”
Arroyo                                                            “The best part is being able to be at this site daily and being able and being able to build relationship with the staff.”
Beltran                                                     “Making connections with students and seeing how they change and how they’re comfortable with me.”
Rios “The best part is being able to interact with the kids on a daily basis and getting to know them more on a personal level.”
Lexie (left)                                                            “My favorite part of my job is building bonds with students.”                                               Rangel (right) “The best this is as a coach its nice to see kids on our roster around school and athletes and make sure they are meeting their school requirements”
Luna (left) “Interacting with the students and getting to meet the students because I see new people every day overall just building a relationship with the kids is really nice.”                    Mendez (right)                                                                “I love interacting with students and it’s been a great learning experience for my future.”
Berrones “The best part is probably getting to know the students more rather than having to be at a different school everyday.”