Meet the Varsity Girls Basketball Team

Greenly Wilson, senior
#4 Greenly Wilson has been playing basketball for about 10 years. She is a 4-year girls’ basketball team member. Greenly plays shooting guard and her biggest inspiration is her mom.

Emily Franco, senior
#10 Emily Franco has been playing basketball for about 6 years. She is a 3-year girls’ basketball team member. Emily is a post-player and she loves the ocean.

Camille Martin, junior
#12 Camille Martin has been playing basketball for about 9 years. She is a 3-year girls’ basketball team member. Camille plays pointing guard and shooting guard. A quote that inspires Camille would be, “Once you know what failure feels like, determination chases success.” -Kobe Bryant

Melanie Wells, sophomore
#14 Sophomore Melanie Wells is a 2-year girls’ basketball team member. Her position is post and her biggest inspiration is “her future self.”
A fun fact about Melanie is her favorite color is green.

Lexi Olmos, sophomore
#21 Lexi Olmos has been playing basketball for 5 years and is a 2-year girls’ basketball team member at Porterville High.
Lexi plays point guard and her jersey number is 21. Her biggest inspiration is her sister.

Zahra Rayani, junior
#22 Zarah has been playing basketball for about 6 years and is a 3 years girls’ basketball team member at Porterville High. She plays wing and her jersey number is 22. Her favorite inspirational quote is, “Work hard in silence and let success make the noise.” A fun fact about Zarah is she does nails, @NailsbyZarah on Instagram.

Andrea Perez, senior
#23 Andrea Perez has been playing basketball for 11 years and is a 4-year girls’ basketball team member at Porterville High. Andrea plays guard and is jersey number 23. Andrea says her biggest inspiration is her mom.

Norissa Franco, junior
#30 Junior, Norissa Franco has been playing basketball for 7 years and is a 2-year girls’ basketball team member at Porterville High.
She plays forward and is jersey number 30. Her biggest inspiration is her dad. A fun fact about Norissa is she is very blunt.

Amaya Cortez, sophomore
#34 Amaya Cortez has been playing basketball at Porterville High for 2 years. She is a shooting guard and small forward and is jersey number 34. Her biggest inspiration is Nseije Ortiz because “she is a strong learner and taught me to handle the ball.” A fun fact about Amaya is when she was little her hair was straight and as she got older her hair because curly.

Ryleigh Schoon, freshman
#42 Ryleigh Schoon has been playing basketball for about 10 years and is the only Freshman on Varsity. She is positioned as a shooting guard and her biggest inspiration is Cameron Brink from Stanford University. A fun fact about Ryleigh is she is a multi-athlete.

Mylah Niksa, senior
#11 Mylah Niksa has played basketball for 5 years and is a 3-year girls’ basketball team member at Porterville High. She plays center and her biggest inspiration is her brother.

Tenaya Murrieta, senior
#3 Tenaya Murrieta is a 4-year girls’ basketball team member. She plays point guard and her inspirational quote is, “Never give up on something you worked for.” A fun fact about her is she is the funniest one on the team.

*We will get photos of the team as soon as we get back to school in January! Stay tuned…