The Student News Site of Porterville High School

The Orange & Green

The Orange & Green

The Orange & Green

Congratulations to our PHS Valedictorians!

We are proud of you. Your hard work paid off!
Amalie Entenman        What are your plans for next year?                                      “My plans next year are to attend The College of the Sequoias for two years and transfer to a University after. I plan to pursue a career in music performance or music education.”                      What does it take to be valedictorian?                       “To be a valedictorian, it takes accountability and consistency. You have to keep your grades up for all four years and pay attention in your classes to do well on the CAASP, but it’s worth it in the end to put in the extra effort.” Who do you thank for helping get you where you are today? “I could not have done it without the support from my family and especially my teachers. The encouragement from my teachers, coaches, and mentors have shaped me into the person I am today, and I could not have made it here without them believing in me.”
Maria Franco What are your plans for next year?  “My plans for after high school are to go to community college to get my pre-requisites to go into nursing school. Later I plan to obtain my real estate license.”              What does it take to be valedictorian?                      “To be valedictorian it takes a lot of effort and dedication.”                       Who do you thank for helping get you where you are today? “I would like to give a shout out to all my important and close people but most of all to myself for being ambitious enough to get to where I am.”
Ariana Gil What are your plans for next year?       “After High School I will attend Fresno State and major in Liberal Studies. I plan on becoming an elementary school teacher and work my way up to becoming a principal!” What does it take to be valedictorian?                         “It is important to have great character. Have good relationships with your teachers and peers. You also have to do your part by working hard, be determined, and be positive!”                            Who do you thank for helping get you where you are today? “I would like to thank the Lord for his mercy and goodness that has allowed me to reach all of my accomplishments. I also want to thank all the wonderful teachers I’ve had throughout high school, especially Mr. Rezayat, Miss. Bravo, and Mrs. Diaz.”
Gloribel Mendoza What are your plans for next year? “Next school year, I plan to attend the University of California, Irvine, where I will major in Biology.” What does it take to be valedictorian?                       “To achieve the role of valedictorian, one must remain motivated, driven, and studious. Even in challenging times, continue to strive for excellence and believe in yourself.”                           Who do you thank for helping get you where you are today? “My motivation stems from my parents, who have truly served as significant role models, inspiring me to keep pushing forward and make the most of the life I live. I’d also love to give a huge thank you to my siblings and grandparents, as they have played a key role in my path to success. Finally, I want to extend my gratitude to the staff and students at PHS, whose support and friendship have been invaluable.”

Chase Fisher What are your plans for next year? “My future plans for next year are to attend college and swim for the University of Montevallo in Alabama. While being there I intend on studying biology to pursue a career as a chiropractor.” What does it take to be valedictorian?                  “To become valedictorian takes a very special individual who is willing to put in the work everyday. They have to be willing to stay up late to work on assignments and to stress over the little things. It is a very stressful road but it is worth it in the end.” Who do you thank for helping get you where you are today?                            “I would like to thank my family for being with me the entire way. I want to give a special thank you to my mom and dad for being there for me through thick and thin. I would also like to thank Coach Hyder for teaching me how to be a better person and pursue my goals.”
Haylee Webb What are your plans for next year? “I am planning on attending UCLA this coming September. I chose to major in international development studies. I chose that major because I’m not sure what career path I want to pursue yet and this major will leave me with options. For example, I’ll have to study different fields like business and political science. After knowing what I like best I can choose my future career.”          What does it take to be valedictorian?                 “To be valedictorian you need to be consistent and dedicated. If you consistently turn in all of your work and study for tests then anyone can be valedictorian. The main struggle is staying motivated to not procrastinate so if you can do that it will be a walk in the park. The people who are not valedictorians are not the ones that don’t put in the time and effort” Who do you thank for helping get you where you are today?                            “I would like to thank my parents for always pushing me to be my best. They have always encouraged me to try my hardest and not get lazy. I would also like to thank my teachers for making school and learning fun.”
Ayden Alba  What are your plans for next year? “My plans for next year are to join the service in the Navy. I chose to enlist in the Navy because I believe it’s what God had chosen for me. There are many benefits, and I will still be able to pursue my career while enlisted and have substantial help accomplishing my goal of becoming a physician/ physical therapist. I do not doubt that I’ve made the right choice, and I honestly can’t wait to see what my future has in store for me. I’ve said, “Life is a journey, so treat it like one.” What does it take to be valedictorian?                     “I see valedictorian as a set of trials to test whether you will put in the work and take the time needed to do it. Your classes are constantly testing you by making you decide what’s more important to you in your eyes: a grade or time on your phone. For me, becoming valedictorian was stressful because I would procrastinate my work and save it for the end. However, I always ended up opening the books and getting my stuff done. I have lost count of the hours of work I’ve put into doing assignments and staying up late because the assignments are due the next day. If anyone is planning on pursuing being valedictorian, I would tell them to share their answers in class because even if it doesn’t seem helpful at the time, those same people will have answers you will need and help you achieve your aspirations.      Who do you thank for helping get you”where you are today?                           “I would mainly like to thank my mother for her cheerful attitude and always seeming to find a way to cheer me on while trying to accomplish my dreams. She’s why I’ve attempted to achieve so much; thank you again. You’ve given me so much more than just life. I would also like to thank my fathers because they truly taught me what it took to be a man and how I didn’t get my smarts from them. They aren’t very book-smart but street-smart, and I will always cherish the teachings they have taught me. Finally, I want to thank my friends for their contributions in and out of class; I would always help people in my classes with the answers and understanding of the material to the best of my ability. Whenever I did that later down the road, those same people would help me with topics I was having trouble with and help me get my assignments done. I won’t ever forget any of my friends I’ve met along the way; I wish you all the best no matter where you go, and thanks for always dealing with me.”
Kalea Mariboho What are your plans for next year?                              “Next year I plan to attend Porterville college to achieve my AA degree and then will transfer out to achieve my dream of being either an elementary teacher or pediatric nurse.”                          what does it take to be valedictorian?                  “To be a valedictorian it takes a lot of hard work and dedication. It is a balancing act between school, clubs, and sports but it is achievable.”                  Who do you thank for helping get you where you are today?                         “I’d like to thank Mr. Hill who has always been my favorite teacher and pushed me to be the best person I can be. I’d also like to thank my parents who encouraged me to do everything to my best ability and for being my cheerleaders throughout my whole life. I’m truly so grateful.”
Vaasu deswal What are your plans for next year? “My plans for next year are attending UCLA and pursuing a B.S in Biology. My future occupation is a doctor, an anesthesiologist to be specific.” What does it take to be valedictorian? “It takes a lot of hard work and determination to become valedictorian, staying on track all four years, and meeting all the other requirements as well, like CAASPP and CSF. It can be challenging keeping track of everything along with grades, but being valedictorian is a very rewarding feeling.” Who do you thank for helping get you where you are today? “I’d like to thank my parents and sister for always motivating me and pushing me to do my best in everything that I do. I wouldn’t be who I am today without them and I appreciate all the support and help they’ve given me.”
Guadalupe Gomez What are your plans for next year? “I plan to attend PC for 2 years then transfer to CSU Bakersfield to major in Business and become a High School Math teacher.”                            What does it take to be valedictorian?                       “To become a valedictorian you have to be determined and you have to want it so that in the process you can enjoy the path that you’re taking. Overall, try your best but most importantly take any opportunity offered to you.”               Who do you thank for helping get you where you are today? “I would like to thank my parents and family members for making me responsible, respectful, and a loving person, allowing me to have this opportunity as well as shaping me into the person that I am today. I would also like to thank my teachers for believing in me and pushing me to do things I thought were unreachable.”
Helen Ramirez What are your plans for next year?                                 “I plan on attending CSU-Monterey Bay and majoring in liberal studies and becoming a principal later on in life.”    What does it take to be valedictorian?             “To be valedictorian it takes determination and motivation to keep up with everything you need to do academically during the four years.”      Who do you thank for helping get you where you are today?          “I’m thankful for the friendships I made throughout high school and my two kindergarten bestfriends Anessa and Janessa.”
Emily Moreno Alcantar What are your plans for next year?                                “I plan to go to Porterville College in hopes to transferring to go on as a OBGYN” What does it take to be valedictorian?              “It takes hard work, dedication, and commitment. One has to care, and any can make it”           Who do you thank for helping get you where you are today?               “I will like to thank the people close to me, my family, friends, and the teacher that has helped me these four years.”